After a busy opening weekend, it looks like Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee! is shooting high in the UK.
According to gameindustry.biz, the two games performed very favorably in the UK market. While both versions combined sold lower than previous Pokemon entries, they actually boosted sales of Switch hardware and other games!
Check out the highlights below, courtesy of GoNintendo:
- The most successful video games at UK physical retail last week
- Let’s Go Pikachu debuted at No. 4
- Let’s Go Eevee came in at No. 6
- Combining the two brings them to spot No. 1
- The games launching had a positive impact on Switch hardware sales
- The two games also boosted sales of other Switch games
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (No.9) sales increased 94 per cent
- Super Mario Party (No.18) sales were up 25 per cent
- Super Mario Odyssey (no.19) rose 30 per cent
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (No.28) saw a 52 per cent sales spike
- Just Dance 2019 enjoyed a 465% sales leap, rising from No.39 to No.14
- Pokémon Let’s Go’s launch sales are down compared with previous major Pokémon titles
- Let’s Go sales are down more than 60 per cent compared with 2016’s Sun and Moon
- Let’s Go sales are down five per cent compared with 2013’s Pokémon X and Y
- Both X and Y and Sun and Moon launched when 3DS had a slightly larger install base
- Stock issues persisted in the UK with fewer than expected units coming in from Nintendo’s European warehouse
- some pre-orders were not fulfilled, and many locations were sold out
Despite heavy fan backlash, it seems like the games have found success amongst consumers! We’ll have to wait and see if this momentum continues throughout the holiday season.