During today’s Indie World Showcase in Europe, Merge Games unveiled Bounty Battle – an indie-style brawler in the style of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch!
Instead of classic Nintendo favorites, however, the 1-4 player fighting game will feature warriors from 20 independent titles – such as Guacamelee!, Darkest Dungeon, Dead Cells, Awesomenauts, Nuclear Throne, Owlboy, Axiom Verge, SteamWorld Dig, Jotun, Battle Chasers Nightwar, and more.
As you can see above, Merge Games will also be handling a Standard Edition and Signature Edition release of the game. The Signature Edition includes the Standard Edition plus four pins, a collector’s certificate, a 34-page booklet, and an outer box. Both editions are available to pre-order now over here.
The game is currently slated for release in Summer 2020. While we await more information in the future, check out the official trailer below for some gameplay:
- A host of game modes including a Story Mode, Couch Multiplayer, Practice and Tutorial to discover your style
- Over 20 characters from your favourite Indie titles each with their own move set and special attacks
- Each fighter has their very own minion to summon and join the fight
- Over 10 arenas to battle on–some plucked from the worlds of their fighters
- Multiple colour and palette swap options to fight in style!