Bigben Interactive and Kylotonn Racing Games have joined hands together to resurrect V-Rally in the new era of gaming.
The new V-Rally game, called V-Rally 4, comes after the third V-Rally game was released on PS2 15 years ago.
V-Rally 4 launches in September 2018 on Nintendo Switch. Check out the trailer and more details below.
After first releasing back in 1997 on PlayStation 1, and then seeing V-Rally 3 have great success on PS2, it’s been 15 years since we last saw V-Rally arrive – that was way back in 2003 – but now the epic title is making a comeback with more than 50 models of emblematic rallying and extreme motorsports vehicles. Those seeking nostalgic can collect, upgrade, customize, and master their very favourite cars, three of which can be seen in the teaser trailer below – a Porsche 911 Safari, a Ford Mustang and a Ford Fiesta RS RX.
“It’s a real privilege for me to once again work on the V-Rally series,” said Alain Jarniou, Game Director at Kylotonn. “It’s an extraordinary title that I have a very special connection to. I had a chance to join the team that created V-Rally to develop V-Rally 3 on the PlayStation 2 as a programmer. I’m very proud to be working on the franchise again 15 years later.”
V-Rally 4 features include:
- Rally: From Africa to Sequoia Park and Japan, travel the world along difficult tracks and in extreme conditions, such as snow, ice, and mud.
- Extreme-Khana: You’ll have to be a master of precision and drifting on these tracks full of pitfalls.
- V-Rally Cross: Leave your opponents in the dust on these dirt and asphalt tracks and take on 7 expert adversaries.
- Buggy: Hop into your all-terrain vehicle to win the race on these particularly rugged tracks. Not for the faint of heart!
- Hillclimb: Race to the top behind the wheel of powerful cars.