The Game Bakers have revealed the official opening movie for Haven, a romantic space adventure where two players could work together.
The opening movie was created and directed by Yukio Takatsu, with support of Yapiko Animation and Danger. Haven is scheduled to launch in 2020 for Nintendo Switch.
Trailer and details:
In Haven you share the journey of two lovers escaped to a lost planet in a desperate attempt to stay together. You play as Yu and Kay, gliding over the grasslands of a shattered planet, unravelling its mysteries looking for a way to settle down.
Today we are happy to unveil the opening movie of Haven, the video that will welcome you every time you start the game. The opening was created and directed by Yukio Takatsu – a specialist of anime openings, with the support of Yapiko Animation and on an original music by Danger.
The opening movie conveys in essence what the team is trying to bring to life with the game: a couple of characters who love each other, and with whom they hope you are going to fall in love in turn. An established relationship, that’s still evolving, in movement, gliding and twirling at a fast pace, tied by flow and rust, across different planets.
“Opening movies really set the mood before you start the game. The first time you launch the game, you get a peak at the tone, the values, the characters.” says Emeric Thoa, Creative Director. “Watching them years later, they revive the memory of the whole adventure. Hopefully, we can create that long lasting connection for Haven, with a memorable opening that captures the game magic.”
Haven Key features:
- Play two characters at the same time, to explore, fight or in the dialogues!
- Glide over the grass, gather flow and clean the rust as you explore the fragmented planet.
- Fight with the two characters in real time and use tactical sense and timing.
- A romantic space adventure, the saga of two lovers trying to stay together against all odds.
- Play a couple, follow an intimate relationship treated with maturity and humour.
- Immediate to play, accessible, a pause in a busy day.
- A second player can join in or drop out anytime in co-op to share the adventure.
The game will be available for PC, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 and Xbox Game Pass in 2020.