After version 1.5.2. was released, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 owners experienced a bug whereby they could no longer continue a quest after defeating an enemy target.
Nintendo is aware of the bug and plans to fix it in the upcoming Version 2.0.0 patch launching on September 14. As a workaround, Nintendo recommends users to use an auto-attack or a single-hit Art to defeat the target enemy.
Here’s the full list of quests affected and details from Nintendo:
We have received reports of a bug in the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Ver.1.5.2 update, which was distributed on August 24th, wherein quests that are cleared by defeating an enemy target can no longer be continued after the battle is over.
In quests with the clear condition of defeating an enemy target, if the final blow is a special move, chain attack, blade combo, etc., then the post-battle event will not play, and the quest can no longer be continued.
What To Do:
Use an auto-attack or a single-hit Art to defeat the target enemy.
The above bug has been confirmed to occur in the following quests.
- Godfrey’s Blade Quest [Flames of Justice]
- Perceval’s Blade Quest [Failure and Success]
- Dagas’s Blade Quest [Lost Kingdom]
- Praxis’s Blade Quest [Blade-Sharp Memory]
- And related quest [Monster Quest 3]
- Perun’s Blade Quest [Eternal Spirit]
- Adenine’s Blade Quest [Limits of Awareness]
- Zenobia’s Blade Quest [A Real Challenge]
- Floren’s Blade Quest [Nature Boy]
- And related quest [Beguiling Charms]
- Herald’s Blade Quest [The Calm and The Storm]
- T-elos’ Blade Quest [Lingering Resentment]
- Quest [Mellica the Chorister]
- Quest [The Riddle on the Wall]