Developer Sketchbook Games and publisher Modus Games have revealed their next title for the Nintendo Switch!
Lost Words: Beyond the Page, an award-winning, narrative-driven, atmospheric puzzler, is slated for release in December 2019 for USD 19.99.
It is a 2D narrative adventure game where players move words to solve puzzles. Players interact with the words themselves to solve puzzles and platforming segments to progress through an evolving landscape.
Check out the trailer and details below:
Lost Words: Beyond the Page is a narrative-driven, atmospheric puzzler set inside the pages of a young girl’s diary. Following an immersive story by renowned games writer Rhianna Pratchett, players guide an aspiring author through the wondrous fantasy world of Estoria, where words wield immense power. In Lost Words: Beyond the Page, players interact with the words themselves to solve challenging puzzles and unique platforming segments to progress through an evolving landscape.
Winner of over a dozen game awards and accolades, players will leap through the diary pages to uncover an emotional tale of loss and personal growth that will test the protagonist, Izzy, as she embarks on this highly decorated, groundbreaking adventure.
- 2D Adventure Platforming. Navigate beautiful 2D worlds set inside a young girl’s diary by walking on the words and using them as tools to solve different puzzles.
- Immersive Storytelling. Traverse an emotionally moving and fully-voiced narrative by renowned games writer Rhianna Pratchett as the player makes decisions which shape the events that take place in Estoria.
- Breathtaking Visual Style. Discover the watercolor world presented in the pages of the diary as well as the vibrant fantasy world of Estoria.
- Innovative Gameplay. Harness words to alter the environment to create a safe passage for the protagonist in an entirely unique and refreshing style of platforming.
- Meaningful Exploration. Gather firefly collectibles scattered across the lands of Estoria for an additional challenge.
- Award-Winning Gameplay. Winner of over a dozen accolades including Best Indie Game, Best Casual Game & Most Original Game at Game Connection Paris, Special Selection Indie Award at Reboot Develop and UKIE’s UK Game of the Show at Gamescom.