A limited edition of the point and click adventure is coming soon.
Super Rare Games announced their partnership with Amanita Design to physically release Machinarium for the Nintendo Switch™.
Originally released in 2009, Machinarium has gone on to sell over 5 million copies across all platforms. This release aims to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the award winning point and click game.
Only 5,000 copies of this title will be on sale, and pre-orders for the game open on June the 13th, exclusively at superraregames.com.
Machinarium is the award-winning independent adventure game developed by the makers of Samorost, Botanicula and CHUCHEL. The objective of the game is to help Josef the robot save his girlfriend Berta kidnapped by the Black Cap Brotherhood gang!
- World: Machinarium world is populated only by robots of various forms and functions. One of the most interesting places in this world is old, rusty and legendary city of Machinarium where the game takes place
- Story: You will have to get rid of wicked robots from the Black Cap Brotherhood and save the head of the city and also your robot-girlfriend
- Puzzles: You will be solving many logical puzzles, adventure quests, brain teasers and mini-games
- Graphics: Backgrounds and characters are 2D hand-drawn and there is more then one hour of carefully crafted animations
- Music: Beautiful original soundtrack was composed and recorded by Floex (Samorost2 OST)
- Communication: You won’t find any lengthy boring dialogs in this game, characters talk by comic bubbles with simple animations and symbols
The Super Rare edition will include a 60 page full color game guide, interior artwork, exclusive sticker, as well as three trading cards randomly selected from the five-card set.
Standard copies of the game will be selling for $32.54 / £29.99 / €33.99.
Are you interested in a physical release of Machinarium? Let us know in the comments.