Looking for your next grand fantasy adventure? Publisher Dear Villagers and developer Artisan Studios are now working on a new epic that you might want to keep an eye on!
The companies have revealed Astria Ascending – a new RPG written by Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy VII Remake) and composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Vagrant Story) that will be heading to Nintendo Switch and major platforms in the west during 2021. The game will see players tackling a crisis from the perspective of eight Demigod heroes, with 25 dungeons and 5 cities to venture through!
Check out the official reveal trailer below, along with a brief ‘Meet the Creators’ video:
An epic adventure with the charm and pedigree of a classic JRPG, Astria Ascending tells an expansive story of fate, sacrifice and new beginnings.
The game was developed in partnership with publisher Dear Villagers and boasts contributions from world-class JRPG developers, with a score by Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Vagrant Story), narrative by Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy VII Remake) and art from CyDesignation (Akihiko Yoshida and Hideo Minaba).
In a world where chaos looms, players take control of the Demigods—a motley crew of eight heroes charged with the fate of the world. Each character has their own story, explored across five cities, twenty-five dungeons and thirty hours of gameplay up to fifty for 100% of completion. Along with the finely tuned turn-based combat, players can try out a range of side quests and mini-games, including an original fantasy-themed token game.
- Epic Tales – Fight for the future while you reckon with the past; sacrifice everything, relinquish nothing. The story of Astria Ascending was developed in part by writer Kazushige Nojima, known for his work on Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- Living Landscapes – Travel the world of Orcanon, a richly imagined and fully animated 2D landscape with five cities and a dynamic weather system.
- Unforgettable Characters – Pick from eight customizable player characters spanning a range of fantastical races and skills, and assemble a diverse team of heroes.
- Rewarding Combat – Work together to save the world, waging strategic turn-based battles using the innovative focus point system.
- A Treat for the Ears – With music and SFX from composer Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Valkyria Chronicles), Astria Ascending is a heart-swelling joy to listen to.