Publisher Team17 and developer The Game Kitchen have announced a free update for Blasphemous on Switch.
The update is titled “The Stir Of Dawn” and will add a number of new features to the game, including New Game+ mode and more. It is set to launch on August 4 for Switch and other platforms.
Check out the trailer and full details below, via Team17:
Today we’re excited to share with you that Blasphemous, the punishing action platformer from The Game Kitchen, is receiving a free DLC on August 4th which sees playing reprising their role as The Penitent One as they seek out to awaken an ancestral power long since forgotten by the Miracle…
Coming to Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as a free update for all players, The Stir of Dawn will take the Blasphemous experience to the next level with:
- New Game+
- Updated voice acting, including a full Spanish language option.
- A new, optional ‘Three Penitence’ system.
- New storylines, NPCs, bosses, enemies and areas to discover.
- New Executions & Counter attack mechanic.
- Revamped map system with more fast travel locations.
- New items, animations and level art reworks.
- Balance changes including: Buffed Prayers, Rosary Bead & Sword Heart updates plus enemy tweaks!
All of this and more will be coming to Blasphemous on August 4th!
Each week on the run up to launch we’ll be delving deeper into what awaits you in The Stir of Dawn DLC with blog posts over on the Blasphemous Steam News Page, so keep an eye there to get a first look at even more new Blasphemous content with a behind the scenes explanation from the Developers.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.