Earlier this year, publisher Ziggurat Interactive and developer Big Boat Interactive revealed that the first two BloodRayne games would be getting remasters on modern consoles. Well, the wait is almost over for fans of the vampire femme fatale!
Both companies have confirmed that BloodRayne: ReVamped and BloodRayne 2: ReVamped will be hitting Nintendo Switch digitally on 18 November 2021. Both remasters will include upscaled visuals and cinematics, along with more improvements.
Here are more details about the improvements below, along with screenshots:
The third-person horror action series BloodRayne introduced gamers to Rayne, a brutal half-vampire femme fatale traveling the world to foil Nazi plans, battle supernatural threats, and uncover more about her vampiric heritage. Featuring a unique protagonist, fast-action combat, superhuman powers, and a globe-spanning storyline, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 offer a dynamic and visceral gameplay experience. Beloved by fans and critics alike, BloodRayne became a true cross-media phenomenon, spanning games, comics, and films across the early 2000s.
- Support for higher display resolutions
- Upscaled cinematic videos
- Improvements to lighting at the engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows
- Localizations include:
- BloodRayne: Voiced audio and localized text for English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish.
- BloodRayne 2: Voiced audio in English and Russian. Localized text for English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.
BloodRayne: ReVamped screenshots
BloodRayne 2: ReVamped screenshots
Both games will also be getting physical releases in the west. You can learn more over here.