Studio Aesthesia and The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild have announced Breakpoint, a new top-down score chaser featuring exploding melee weapons.
As of May 7, the publisher has confirmed that Breakpoint will make its way to Nintendo Switch. No word on a release date or price at this time.
Trailer and details:
We mixed elements from classic arcade games with modern sensibilities to bring you Breakpoint: a challenging top-down score chaser featuring melee weapons that explode.
In a twist on the twin-stick formula, you have no ranged attack. Instead, slice, crush, and blast your way through the swarm. Push your weapons to their breakpoint to unleash a devastating explosion on your enemies. Break, charge, and break your weapons again as you fight to stay alive.
- Master the challenges of a single, focused game mode.
- Wield five distinct melee weapons, each with three levels of upgrades.
- Break your weapons, annihilating everything in the blast zone.
- Dodge through swarms of twelve different enemies.
- Compete with your friends for score, or reach for the top of the global leaderboard.
- Watch the best run of anyone in the world through the replay system.
- Full support for keyboard & mouse, as well as controllers.