Chucklefish has recently issued an update via developer blog for Wargroove.
The development for Wargroove is coming to a close and Chucklefish has revealed a new gameplay video showcasing many of the game’s outstanding features.
Wargroove is based off a retro turn-based strategy game featuring various gameplay modes, including online play. It can be played for up to 4 players and will be playable in various languages.
Check out the localization update, trailer, and details below:
We know many of you have been eager to find out what languages Wargroove will be available to play in when it launches, and now that localisations are fully underway we’re happy to confirm the game will be playable in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese as well as Traditional &Simplified Chinese.
We’re really hoping these languages will be available at launch, but as they’re still undergoing translation work please keep in mind we won’t be able to confirm exactly when they’ll be available until closer to the release. Rest assured though, they’re in the works! In terms of any other languages, we’re not ruling out further localisation at this point, but this is what is planned for the time being.
Take to the battlefield with Wargroove, a strategy game for up to 4 players! Choose your Commander and wage turn-based war on battling factions. Design and share maps, cut-scenes and campaigns with easy-to-use editors and in-depth customization tools!
Command an army, customize battlefields, and challenge your friends, in this richly detailed return to retro turn-based combat!
When war breaks out in the Kingdom of Cherrystone, the young Queen Mercia must flee her home. Pursued by her foes, the only way to save her kingdom is travel to new lands in search of allies. But who will she meet along the way, and what sinister challenges will she face?
Choose Your Commander!
- A vibrant cast of 12-plus characters! – Commanders are at the heart of Wargroove—each with their own distinct personalities and motivations.
- Four warring factions! – Take up arms with the Cherrystone Kingdom, Heavensong Empire, Felheim Legion, and Floran Tribes.
- Campaign Mode! – Follow the story of a fresh-faced and inexperienced young Queen on a quest against unworldly forces. Told through animated pixel art cut-scenes and dynamic battles.
Get into the groove!
- Unique ultimate moves! – Commanders can use a special move called a ‘Groove’, activated only when their Groove meter is filled to 100 percent.
- Dynamic Gameplay! – Every Groove is unique to each Commander and changes up the battlefield in an entirely different way.
Create your own adventure!
- Craft custom maps, cutscenes and campaigns! – Make the game your own using in-game editors.
- Advanced editing tools! – The possibilities are endless; from creating your own story-driven missions with sub-quests, plot twists, ambushes, and hidden secrets, to easily changing the rules of the game without any mods or external tools.
- Share your creations online! – Share your own maps and campaigns or download content built by other players!
Send your units to victory in both local and online multiplayer skirmish battles, with competitive and co-op play, as well as complete rule customization.
Learn more about each character you encounter through a trial of boisterous bouts in Arcade mode, where you’ll fight 5 different opponents in quick succession.
Outwit the enemy in Puzzle mode, using all of the strategic skills in your arsenal. Take on a series of tricky challenges where the goal is to win in just ONE turn.
Secrets and Unlockables!
Earn stars to unlock special content. You might even stumble across some hidden game features – old school style!