Otome fans in the west are in for some blockbuster hits next year!
During Anime Expo 2019, Aksys announced that both Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ and its sequel Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ for Nintendo Switch will be heading to US and Europe in 2020. Both titles follow the story of Cardia – a young lady struck with a mysterious ailment that kills anyone that touches her skin!
Check out more details and previous trailers for both titles below, courtesy of Gematsu.
Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ is an adventure / visual novel game that sweeps you off to times long past! A visionary reimagining of Victorian era London melds with steampunk motifs to create a world unlike any seen before. Play as a lonesome youth whose poisonous touch renders swift death unto would be companions. Unravel the secrets of her past with the aid of five unlikely heroes!
- Tell Your Tale! – Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ A branching narrative and multiple endings ensure each player will be leading their own unique story! Choose carefully, as each decision changes the balance of fate and the path before you.
- Luscious Locales and Timeless Characters! – Five classic European literary figures (Arsène Lupin, Abraham Van Helsing, Victor Frankenstein, Impey Barbicane, and Count Saint-Germain) are brilliantly reimagined to help you realize your own mysterious past. Get lost in time with sharp Gothic-Victorian designs and steam powered machinations that must be seen to be believed!
- Gripping Narrative with 30+ Hours of Gameplay! – Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ offers rich characters, eye popping visuals and a deep story that will ignite the fires of your imagination!
The story of Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ begins with the main character, Cardia, isolated and alone in a mansion on the outskirts of a 19th century steampunk version of London. A victim of a mysterious affliction that makes her blood a virulent poison and her touch instantly lethal, Cardia is shunned as a monster. Through a number of events both grand and seemingly insignificant, Cardia is pursued by the Royal Guard, kidnapped by the gentleman thief Arsene Lupin, and joined by a myriad of other handsome figures out of the best of western literature. With her newfound friends (and suitors) Cardia ventures out in the world to unravel the mysteries surrounding her very existence.
- The Romance(s) Continue! – Further your relationships with the charming literary figures of the first game. Choose to deepen the connection with your previous beau, or explore exciting new relationships with gentlemen you bypassed the first time.
- New Stories and Different Perspectives – Experience new scenarios taking place after the main story as well as more in-depth looks at events that happened in the shadows of Cardia’s previous adventures.
- New Men in Your Life – In addition to fan (and Cardia) favorites Arsène Lupin, Abraham Van Helsing, Victor Frankenstein, Impey Barbicane, and Count Saint-Germain, players can get to know newcomers Herlock Sholmès and Finis in all-new scenarios.
- The Best of Both Worlds – Enjoy a world of amazing artwork and unforgettable characters in this classic fiction/steampunk mashup brought to you by the makers of the finest visual novel/romance simulation adventures.