Devolver Digital and Onebitbeyond are aware of the issues plaguing the launch version of The Swords of Ditto: Mormo’s Curse and that includes the Switch version.
Fortunately, there will be critical patch rolling out, however, it will be delayed until after the Golden Week in Japan.
Here’s the announcement:
Technical note on Mormo’s Curse on Switch – we expected a critical patch to be applied to Switch at launch. Due to Golden Week in Japan, the patch is delayed a week so the game has some issues with player death. More info here, patch will be live ASAP: https://t.co/vpjqPKQUEK
— Devolver Digital (@devolverdigital) May 2, 2019
Below are the known issues and the fixes which you may expect once the patch goes live next week:
Nintendo Switch (current v1.13.26)
(Please note that there is around a week’s delay on patches being approved by Nintendo)
Fixed, patch is awaiting LotCheck approval (1.14.00)
- Players die in failed stories in Regular and Relaxed Modes instead of being returned to their house
- Players are returned to their house in Regular and Relaxed Modes if they die while climbing Mormo Palace and their game is saved into a state where they are unable to leave the next room
- [PREVENTION] Ensuring that you are in Hero Mode (via Options) when dying in Mormo Palace will prevent this issue from occurring. Alternatively, play Mormo Palace in Relaxed Mode to reduce chance of dying.
- If you have a save game where you are unable to leave the home room, a fix has been made and will be available in 1.15.xx. If you wish to continue playing before 1.15.xx is live, then you will unfortunately have to start a new game.
- Touchscreen does not work in handheld mode
Fixed, yet to be submitted (1.15.xx)
- Game crashes if Laser/Vampire Ring is equipped when Mormo’s eye crystals are destroyed or on room entry
- Game crashes if Vampire Ring is used on the teleporters in the Laser Ring Trial Dungeon
- Fix for players who got stuck in the room outside their home if they died in Mormo Palace
- Game could crash when it attempted to spawn the Nemesis in certain situations