Originally released in 2015 for the PS4 and Xbox One, Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition is the complete version of Darksiders II, including all of its DLC along with some additional gameplay tweaks. The Switch version is set to launch later this year on September 26.
Check out the announcement trailer below, along with some additional details courtesy of Gematsu:
The war between Heaven and Hell is already menacing Earth. Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the second Horseman of the Apocalypse, is embarking on a quest to save the Earth and to redeem his brother’s name. Experience the story of the Horseman in the Mask.
- Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell.
- Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad.
- Player Choice and Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and Skill Trees allowing players to create their own Death.
- Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, Skill Trees and endless equipment combinations.
- Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before.
Deathinitive Edition Features
- Darksiders II with all downloadable content included and integrated into the game which offers a total playtime of more than 30 hours.
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution.
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows.
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments below.