Publisher WayForward and developer 13AM Games have announced Dawn Of The Monsters for Switch and other platforms.
Dawn Of The Monsters is a co-op beat ’em up where players take control of giant monsters to defend the earth from a horde of evil creatures. It is due to launch in Early 2022 for Switch and other platforms.
You can check out the announcement trailer below along with some additional details via IGN:
Dawn of the Monsters is a cooperative kaiju beat ’em up coming in 2021.
Players take control of powerful monsters in order to take on the evil Nephilim—a horde of creatures that are hellbent on destroying the planet. Liberate four major metropolitan areas, from Toronto to Tokyo, in this epic action game.
Featuring beautiful 2.5D graphics inspired by the works of Mike Mignola, bone-crunching combat with the depth of a fighter, RPG upgrades, and fully destructible environments. Couch cooperative play is bigger and badder than ever before.
The following gameplay details were also revealed, via an IGN preview:
- There are four playable monsters: Megadon, Ganira, Aegis Prime, and Tempest Galahad.
- Each monster has Brutal Rage abilities, Cataclysm Attacks, and finishing moves.
- Monster designs are by Godzilla character creator Shiji Nishikawa and Godzilla comic book artist Matt Frank.
- There are 35 missions.
- There are over a dozen regular enemy types.
- Cooperative play supports two players.
- You can customize your kaiju.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.