Platform fighter Brawlout recently released on Switch, but the developers have made it clear that the game will continue to be updated into the future. In a recent reddit post, the game’s developers gave an idea of what to expect in the game’s first patch. Perhaps most importantly, an annoying bug that causes dropped frames in single-player will be fixed. Read on to see all the upcoming changes and fixes!
First off, we’re aware of the framedrops that are happening in single-player mode on the Switch. The bug is related to the AI, so you won’t see this in matches against human opponents or in replays on your player profile. The team is working on a fix.
Second, Yes, there is an issue with matchmaking on the Switch. It’s currently not matching players by region as intended, this is something the team is also working on.
As soon as it’s ready, the team will send the patch off to Nintendo. Here’s what you can expect from the game’s first update:
Planned for the next update on Switch
- A fix for matchmaking not putting players together by region.
- Performance improvements.
- a fix for Character and stage selection being blocked by locked content.
- Progression and unlock improvements. We’ve heard you and are making some tweaks.
- Ranked matchmaking.
- Brawlout TV. Watch live and recent matches, and view your match history and replays.
- Code redemption. If you’ve received a code for cosmetics or items at any of our events, they’ll soon be redeemable on the Switch version of the game.
Well, there you have it. Looks like a lot of the issues are going to be fixed soon! Keep an eye out for our upcoming Brawlout review.