It looks like physical collectors will have to wait a while longer to obtain a copy of Dragon Marked for Death.
Apparently, the game’s 26 February 2019 release date on Amazon was just a placeholder. Inti Creates has now confirmed that the physical version of Dragon Marked for Death will launch on 26 March 2019, for $49.99 USD. It will be available in both North America and Europe.
While we await any further updates, you can check out Inti Creates’ press release below.
EDISON, NEW JERSEY – Jan. 24, 2019 – From world-renowned Japanese game developer Inti Creates, Dragon Marked for Death brings multiplayer-focused 2D side-scrolling action to the Nintendo Switch with a special retail package set to hit North American and European retail stores on March 26, 2019. Courtesy of publisher Nighthawk Interactive, the retail edition bundles together all characters and the Additional Quest DLC, which will be sold in separate digital packages. In addition, the Striker Gear Pack is limited to the initial run of this physical edition. Retail pre-orders are available now through GameStop, and coming soon to other retailers.
In Dragon Marked for Death players choose one of four different Dragonblood Clan members to control, each with their own special skills, as they complete quests, defeat monsters and aim to take down the powerful Kingdom of Medius. Dragon Marked for Death features:
- Four Different Playable Characters – Players can take control of the Empress, Warrior, Shinobi or Witch, each with their own unique moves andplaystyles, allowing for a deep, strategic action experience.
- Play solo or with up to 4 players – Players can enjoy the entire experience on their own, or team up with friends in either local or online multiplayer.
- Fantasy Pixel World – Dragon Marked for Death comes to life on the Nintendo Switch with its hand-drawn pixel art from some of the industry’s best pixelmancers.
- Massive Boss Battles – Players will be in awe as Dragon Marked for Death’s fantastical bosses take up the entire screen of the Nintendo Switch.
- Immersive Storylines – Dragon Marked for Death contains over 30 main quests and numerous side quests, giving players more than enough content for an action RPG.
- Striker Gear Pack – Unlocks a unique weapon for each of the 4 playable characters that is limited to the initial run of the physical edition.