The team at Snowcastle Games have drastically revamped and rebuilt Earthlock from the ground up.
Things have changed so much that the new version of the game is now simply called Earthlock, rather than Earthlock: Festival of Magic. Earthlock is expected to launch on Switch in Q1 2018 (the Wii U won’t be getting it though) and is currently undergoing localization and QA testing.
Details on what’s changed can be found below.
- Story: It’s massively changed. Almost from the start. We have added more depth, humor and character to the story and things that did not make sense before now do
- Crafting: At Plumpet Island, we are happy to report that all buildings on Plumpet now have some kind of functionality
- Side Quests: Yes, there are now side quests – as initially intended
- Mini Games: Like treasure hunting
- New scenes and characters
- New and better animation
- Improved cut scenes
- Highly performance optimised
- And much, much more