Earlier this week, Famitsu published an interview with Pokemon Masters producer Yuu Sasaki, who shared more details about the game’s current features as well as a bit of what we can expect in the future.
During the interview, Sasaki touched on many different aspects of the game including their plans for the story, selection of sync pairs, the sygna suit mechanic, as well as how microtransactions will work in game.
You can check out key highlights from the interview below, courtesy of Siliconera:
- At time of release, there are 18 chapters planned for the story
- This will mainly cover the final selection process for the Pokemon Masters League, after which the story will shift towards the finals
- Co-op battles are planned to be added
- Sync Pairs have their own reasons for joining the Pokemon Masters League, which can be viewed via Sync Pair Stories
- Currently, there are no plans for unique dialogues between different Sync Pairs or Trainers
- Not every Sync Pair shown in the trailer will be available on release
- More Sync Pairs will be added to the game as time goes on
- Some team-ups will be a bit surprising
- Sync Pairs can be obtained by befriending them during the story, or via “Sync Pair Search”
- Sync Pairs have different base rarities (3*, 4*) but all of them can be boosted up to 5* rarity, ensuring that players can keep using their favorite pairs forever
Sync Pair Search
- Sync Pair Search is a feature where players can spend “Diamonds” to ally with a random Sync Pair
- “Diamonds” are obtained via the story, but can also be purchased with real money
- The developers took care to balance the game such that they won’t be disadvantaged by not using Sync Pair Search
- Various Sync Pairs will receive Sygna Suits (which change the appearance of trainers as well as their partner pokemon)
- For example, Brock’s Sygna Suit changes his partner to Tyranitar
- Sygna Suits will only give trainers Pokemon that they have had before in the games
- Brock’s Tyranitar was seen in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2
Pokemon Masters is scheduled to launch sometime in Summer 2019 for Android and iOS devices. A special preview version of the game will be launching early later this week for Android in Singapore.