Happinet has released a brand new challenge for all Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle players today.
The free dungeon map, called Revenge of the Doman, is unlocked once players have completed the main story. In Revenge of the Doman, you face off the most formidable bosses in the game and explore new areas.
Check out more details on Revenge of the Doman below.
Japanese videogame publisher, Happinet, today announced that Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle players on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Nintendo Switch™, and PC via Steam, can look forward to a brand-new challenge with Revenge of the Doman today. Available for free once veteran players have completed the game’s frightening main story, Revenge of the Doman find players facing off against Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle’s most formidable bosses and “Yokai” with new strategic attack patterns and dungeon areas to explore. In addition to completing the main story, players will also unlock a time mode, where they can test their wits for faster clear times.The development team at Happinet has also released a number of significant patches based on direct feedback and requests from players and fans since Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle launched on consoles on Aug. 30, 2018. Some of the following fixes will be implemented to the game on all platforms, today after updating:
- Adjusted enemy spawn locations
- Adjusted drop rate for food
- Corrected text errors in the game and game trophies
- Fixed the bug where enemies that drop from the ceiling clumping together
- High-level dungeon enemies have around 20% less HPSet during the Edo Period of Japan, Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle is based on the eerie and terrifying Hyakki Island, a place where prisoners are sent to live in exile. A mysterious castle suddenly appears on the island bringing a slew of creepy monsters, such as the “Yokai” of ancient Japanese literature, back to life, ready and waiting for any players brave enough to enter the castle. The island imprisons a cunning rebel mastermind who seeks to overthrow the Shogun order and assassinate its leader. Players play as four special agents of the Shogun order, specializing in Yokai and monster slaying, to investigate the island’s mysterious Hyakki Castle, and to eliminate the rebel mastermind manipulating the Island and its inhabitants. Japanese folklore and ghost stories abound with an unforgettable Ukiyoe art style as players explore the haunted halls solving puzzles and defeating bosses along the way, ultimately to battle and defeat the gloomy Lord of the castle.Featuring a unique approach to the traditional real-time dungeon RPG genre, Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle encourages players to split their party with its exclusive 2-party system, a feature not yet seen in real-time dungeon RPGs on consoles, making strategic fights easier. Players must use unique skills and move-sets in destroying monsters with distinctive attacks and behavior, while executing pincer attacks, flanks and more as you progress upward in the mysteries castle to defeat the rebel mastermind causing the extraordinary events on the island.