Area35 has released new details on TINY METAL to commemorate the launch of pre-orders on Steam.
According to the developer, TINY METAL will receive updates after launch, including a major DLC update that will add both online and local 1-on-1 multiplayer. All of these updates will be free to download at no extra cost.
For more details, check out TINY METAL’s list of planned features below, and Yoko Taro’s message here.
• Campaign mode: Guide Lt. Nathan Gries and his Artemisian forces as he struggles with the question of what is — and what isn’t — worth fighting for in a 20-hour campaign full of unique characters.
• Skirmish matches: Dozens of additional challenging scenarios & maps where you jump straight into the action!
• New Game +: Once you navigate through TINY METAL’s campaign, it’s time to ratchet up the difficulty in New Game + mode!
• 15 units: From basic Riflemen to the fearsome tanks called Metals, a deep collection of units have their own unique strengths and weakness, and rank up with experience on the battlefield!
• Hero Units: More powerful versions of the 15 units that can join the battle and rank up, AND carry over from mission to mission!
• Terrain: Different types of terrain and buildings offer defensive advantages and bonuses, and can also unlock new units!
• Advanced techniques: New options like “Facing”, “Assault”, and “Lock On” make positioning and flanking more important than they’ve ever been in the turn-based warfare genre!
• Multiple languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, French, Italian, and German!
• Future free updates, including MULTIPLAYER: Online & local 1v1 multiplayer support is planned for TINY METAL’s first major DLC update!