Wales Interactive and FMV Future have announced Gamer Girl, a new multi-branching FMV game set in the world of online streaming.
The narrative game will be released digitally in September 2020 for Nintendo Switch.
Trailer and details:
Wales Interactive and FMV Future are delighted to reveal Gamer Girl — a new multi-branching FMV game, set in the world of online streaming. Gamer Girl is coming to PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch this September. Adopt the role of moderator for up and coming streamer ‘Abicake99’, who’s back online after the mysterious disappearance of her friend Becky. Featuring multi-branched narrative and real-time chat simulation, your role as moderator is to control the stream, level up mod powers, guide Abi’s choices and uncover the threat she faces by an anonymous predator who hides in the stream’s chat.
Developed by FMV Future with the writer and director of The Bunker. Co-developed and Published by Wales Interactive, who brought you The Complex, Late Shift and Maid of Sker.
Gamer Girl is the first live-action video game to have been entirely improvised by the cast, in a production style similar to The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity. The actors would react to pre-scripted stream text as well as live chat that was written during film takes by the scriptwriter.
The first multi-branching FMV video game with a micro-management meta-game – where players constantly have to analyse and react to a constant stream of chat comments whilst texting Abi and helping her make the right choices.
MANAGEMENT META GAME
- Manage the user’s comments in the chat stream
- Choose to reward them for good behaviour & ban them for trolling
- Unlock more powerful moderator abilities as you progress
- Earn Candies, likes and subs to keep Abicake99’s mood positive
- Increase Abicake99’s viewers and subscribers to keep her career on track
- Make the channel a success to earn upgrades
- Warn, ban and reward comments in the chat stream
- If you fail Abi will kick you off the stream and it is GAME OVER
- Gamer Girl has multiple story paths; hundreds of choices and permutations.
- Players help Abi choose which activities they think would further her streaming career or enhance her mood – workout sessions, gaming, cosplay, chill streams, IRL trips, board games, chibis drawing (ちび or チビ), etc.
- Make moral choices and accept the consequences they bring. Should you encourage drama to increase her ratings or take the safe path but risk losing viewers?
- Exchange messages with Abi and her friends. Will you help them, or do they have ulterior motives towards Abi?
The game stars Alexandra Burton as Abi, and features David Wayman, Rebecca Calienda, and Sofia Maffei with cameos by real streamers including CyborgAngel.