Platforming fans can soon grab a physical copy of Game Freak’s Giga Wrecker Alt. on Nintendo Switch!
After months of waiting, Limited Run Games have finally confirmed that pre-orders of the game would go live on 12 April 2019 (10 am ET / 7 am PT). Unlike most LRG releases, this one will stay up for one month.
The time has come! GIGA WRECKER Alt., from the legendary dev teams at @GAMEFREAK_info and @RisingStarGames, opens for a month-long pre-order this Friday, April 12th at 10am EDT. pic.twitter.com/A3ZgUFsRdx
— Limited Run Games (@LimitedRunGames) April 9, 2019
Additionally, Rising Star Games revealed what the updated port of the original Giga Wrecker would bring to the table. Aside from new stages, players can also expect new modes and language support!
New Content for Consoles
- Twenty brand-new puzzle stages added to the game’s Campaign mode.
- New non-playable secondary character that assists players with more difficult puzzles / challenges if they become stuck for a period of time.
- A new hardcore ‘Ironman’ mode that increases the damage to five times greater impact than normal mode.
- Overhaul of the original localization to enhance the user experience.
- Italian and Traditional Chinese languages added for a total of 11 in-game languages (Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese).
For now, it’s not entirely clear if the physical release will also get a Collector’s Edition bundle thrown into the mix. We’ll report back if we hear more.