Nintendo Account is an all-in-one login for Nintendo services on Nintendo Switch and smartphone devices.
Although creating and linking a Nintendo Account is optional, it’s highly recommended to do so on your Nintendo Switch. A Nintendo Account enables you to purchase content on the eShop, earn rewards, and receive special offers.
Benefits of owning a Nintendo Account
- Purchase games and download free demos on the Nintendo Switch eShop
- Earn points and redeem rewards on My Nintendo
- Receive special discounts during your birthday and other events
- Access Nintendo smartphone apps such as Nintendo Switch Parent Controls and Nintendo Switch Online
- Purchase Nintendo products on the My Nintendo Store (within Japan only)
If you’re new to Nintendo Account and Nintendo Switch, here are 2 easy steps to get you started.
1st Step: Create a Nintendo Account
Creating a Nintendo Account is quick and simple. It can be done on your computer or smartphone.
If you already have a Nintendo Account, you can skip this step.
- Go to the Nintendo Account website by clicking here.
- Click “Create a Nintendo Account”
- Click “Create your Nintendo Account”
- Fill in the registration form with your details (Nickname, E-mail Address, Password, etc)
- If you do not live in North America, Europe, Japan, or Australia, select “Canada” for country of residence, and “Not Quebec” for region. Ignore the time zone.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and click “Submit”
- Check your inbox for the verification e-mail. Copy the verification code to the verification page, and click “Verify”.
- Your Nintendo Account has been successfully created!
Last Step: Link your Nintendo Account to Nintendo Switch
To access the Nintendo eShop and other services, you’ll have to link your Nintendo Account to Nintendo Switch.
- On the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu, select “System Settings”
- Select “Users”
- Select the user profile you wish to link to your Nintendo Account
- Select “Profile Settings”
- Select “Link Nintendo Account”
- Select “Sign In and Link”
- Select “Sign in using e-mail address or User ID”
- Enter the e-mail address/User ID and password of your Nintendo Account. Press “Sign in.”
- And you’re done!
TIP: You can link up to 8 accounts on Nintendo Switch!
Now that you’ve completed linking your Nintendo Account to Nintendo Switch, consider linking your Nintendo Account to the following services. Just like how it’s done on Nintendo Switch, all you have to do is login with your Nintendo Account e-mail address/user ID and password.
Have any questions? Let us know in the comments below!