The Crown Tundra DLC for Pokemon Sword And Shield was released earlier today, allowing players to encounter and capture new Galarian forms for the Kanto region’s three Legendary Birds.
The Galarian Legendary Birds not only possess different appearances from the originals, but also possess different types, abilities, and moves. Below you will find a short guide explaining what to do in order to encounter and capture these legendary Pokemon. As this could be considered spoilers for the game, we have placed the guide behind a spoiler tag:
- The Galarian Legendary Birds are encountered as part of the “A Legendary Tree of A Legendary Three” in the Crown Tundra. It unlocks when players visit the Dyna Tree, a large red berry tree located at the southern portion of the Crown Tundra.
- Upon arriving at the tree, players will be treated to a cutscene where the Galarian Legendary Birds battle one another before running off in different directions.
- Each of the birds can be found roaming the overworld in the following locations:
- Galarian Articuno ~ Found flying around the Crown Tundra. When spotted, it will create mirage duplicates of itself. Players must find the real Pokemon in order to trigger a battle.
- Galarian Zapdos ~ Found running across the Wild Area on the mainland. Players will have to catch up to it on their bike in order to trigger a battle.
- Galarian Moltres ~ Found flying around the Isle Of Armor Jumping ahead of its path will cause it to swoop down and attack, triggering a battle.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.