Like previous games in the series, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl have a Mystery Gift feature that allows players to receive various rewards by connecting to the internet or entering codes.
Unlike in Pokemon Sword And Shield, the Mystery Gift feature is not immediately available in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, and must be unlocked by fulfilling certain conditions. You can find a short guide for unlocking Mystery Gift below:
Method 1: Beat Veilstone Gym Leader
- Mystery Gift can be automatically unlocked by defeating the Veilstone Gym Leader Maylene.
- Maylene is the game’s third gym leader, so it may take some time to unlock Mystery Gift using this method.
Method 2: Enter Password At Jubilife TV
- The second method can be done immediately after defeating the game’s first gym leader and visiting Jubilife City for the first time.
- After unlocking the Poketch, go to the third floor of the Jubilife TV station and speak to the TV Producer there.
- When the Producer asks what your favorite TV Show is, enter “EVERYBODY HAPPY WI-FI CONNECTION”, which will unlock Mystery Gift early.
Currently, there is a Manaphy Mystery Gift and a Platinum Outfit Mystery Gift running for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, so players who are interested in grabbing these rewards may want to unlock Mystery Gift as soon as they can.
There will most certainly be a few more gifts released for the games in the coming months, and we will be sure to report back with more details as they come.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.