Industry insider Liam Robertson has revealed what could potentially be more details on Star Fox: Grand Prix and the development progress of Fire Emblem and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch.
In a recent podcast, Robertson said Fire Emblem is on pace to release on Nintendo Switch this year, and he’s heard Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch is scheduled to launch in October 2018.
As for Star Fox: Grand Prix, Robertson claims the game isn’t anything like F-Zero, “Star Fox: Grand Prix” is just a tentative title, and the game looks really good in motion. Check out all of the important pointers he has made below.
- The game is not like F-Zero
- He’s seen a more complete version of the logo
- The game is based on the arwing (which differentiates it from F-Zero)
- He was told the title “Star Fox Grand Prix” was a tentative title
- The game is a mixture between classic Star Fox and racing
- You shoot enemies to propel forward and get combos; you can shoot other players too
- Each Grand Prix is three tracks with a boss fight- where the boss comes onto the track
- It has a big hub area where you can interact with the Star Fox characters
- You pick up new missions at the hub and there’s story content to go through
- The game looks really really good in motion
- He also heard Retro was considering adding cameos like Donkey Kong