Japanese company Kadokawa reports Nintendo Switch hardware sales have officially surpassed 5 million systems sold in Japan today.
It took 79 weeks for Nintendo to move 5,007,368 systems in Japan alone. Top 5 selling Nintendo Switch games include Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Kirby Star Allies.
Full details can be found below.
Nintendo Switch hardware sales (March 3, 2017 – September 2, 2018): 5,007,368 units (79 weeks)
Top 5 bestselling games in terms of lifetime sales (release date of game – September 2, 2018)
- Splatoon 2: 2,621,928 copies
- Super Mario Odyssey: 1,788,228 copies
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 1,738,502 copies
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 1,065,780 copies
- Kirby Star Allies: 591,721 copies
Please keep in mind numbers may vary from Nintendo’s internal figures, and game sales do not include digital sales.