While gamers outside Japan are speculating about a pair of Pokemon Let’s GO Johto games that could be revealed during the June 24 Pokemon Presents, Japanese Pokemon fans are fussing over something completely different.
These fans are talking about the black Pikachu plush that was sitting behind The Pokemon Company President Tsunekazu Ishihara during the Pokemon Presents livestream. Many fans are wondering why that black Pikachu plush was there, with some reactions as:
- Could this be in consideration for the Black Lives Matter movement?
- Thoughtfulness for black people?
- Is the black Pikachu plush a hint to the next big project?
- My eyes kept gazing at the plush during the entire presentation
- Is a Black/White remake confirmed?
The black Pikachu plush was released as part of the Thunderbolt Project a few years ago in Japan, and could most likely have been placed there for decoration purposes.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.