Publisher 2K Games and developer Visual Concepts have announced the release date for NBA 2K22 on Switch.
The latest entry in 2K’s annual NBA Basketball game franchise will be launching on September 10th for Switch and other platforms. It will be available in the following three editions:
- Standard Edition – Priced at $69.99 on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series, and $59.99 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
- Cross-Gen Digital Bundle – Priced at $79.99, and grants players access to the Standard Edition across previous- and new-gen within the same PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
- NBA 2K22 NBA 75th Anniversary Edition – Priced at $99.99 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Dual-gen access is included for both the Cross-Gen Digital Bundle and NBA 75th Anniversary Edition for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, and Xbox Series and Xbox One, and provides a version of the game on each console generation within the same console family. The NBA 75th Anniversary Edition for Switch will only be available on digital format in the EMEA region.
Copies of the game will also feature different cover athletes depending on the version and country, as follows:
- Standard and Cross-Gen Digital Bundle: Two-time NBA All-Star Luka Doncic
- NBA 75th Anniversary Edition: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Dirk Nowitzki, and Kevin Durant. Cover artwork painted by Atlanta-based artist Charly Palmer.
- Special Version of North American Standard Edition: Six-time WNBA All Star and WNBA Champion Candace Parker, available exclusively through GameStop and EB Games, marking the first female cover athlete in the history of the franchise.
- Special Version of Japanese Standard Edition: Washington Wizards player Rui Hachimura, the first Japanese player to be drafted in the first round in 2019 and first Japanese player to reach the NBA Playoffs.
Check out some promos below:
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.