Nintendo DS Cartridge Ends Up Inside Rocco The Dog

Nintendo DS Cartridge Ends Up Inside Rocco The Dog

STV News has reported on Rocco, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier who was taken to a veterinary hospital where doctors found an unusual treat inside him.

An X-ray discovered that a Nintendo DS cartridge was stuck inside his small intestine.

PDSA senior vet Susan Hermit said: “We see dogs that eat strange things all the time but none of us had ever seen anything like this.

This poor pup was clearly in discomfort by having this game inside him.

Fortunately, an operation to remove the game was carried out the very same day and he has since made a “brilliant recovery”.

According to STV news, the cartridge could have caused a fatal blockage if left untreated.

Rocco’s owners were surprised at this discovery since they don’t own a Nintendo system at all.

Owner Sean Johnston, 27, said: “He wasn’t acting himself at all and we were worried he’d eaten a corn on the cob, but we were so shocked when the vet said it was from a video game.

“We don’t own a Nintendo or anything like that so we’re baffled as to where he got it from.

“He’s a rescue dog and we’ve only had him for about six months so the only thing we can think is that it was from his previous owners – who knows how long it’s been in there.

Hopefully the taste of a Switch cartridge prevents this from becoming a snack for people and pets alike.

That feature was originally made to prevent accidents like this from happening because of the Switch cartridge’s small size.

And this story shows it’s potential usefulness for games moving forward.

Have you had any close calls with games becoming food?

Let us know in the comments.