After some months on the back-burner, it looks like Nintendo’s advertising department reached another huge peak last month!
According to VentureBeat, Nintendo was the most-viewed gaming brand on television from 1 February 2020 – 29 February 2020. Throughout the month, the company was responsible for a sizable 94.8% of the gaming industry’s ad spending. Here’s a more detailed breakdown:
- Nintendo spent an estimated $11.4 million on nine ads that ran over 1,200 times
- These ads generated 433 million TV ad impressions
- The commercial with the biggest placement budget (est. $5.7 million) was “Switch My Way: Catching Up”
- Fox, Adult Swim, and Comedy Central were three of the networks with the biggest spend
- Top programming included the Super Bowl, South Park, and American Dad
As expected, Nintendo seems to be making a big push for the Switch ahead of Animal Crossing: New Horizons launch date in March 2020. Of course, they’re marketing a very family-oriented angle with the ‘Switch My Way: Catching Up‘ ad.
We’ll report back if when we hear more about Nintendo’s ad push in the future. Stay tuned.
[Chart credit: iSpot.tv]