It looks like Nintendo continued to push ahead in the world of TV advertising, with the help of Mario’s classic adventures!
According to VentureBeat, Nintendo managed to remain the second most-viewed gaming brand on TV during from 16 September 2020 – 15 October 2020. In first place was Sony, which captured 650.2 million TV ad impressions with NFL-related advertising and more.
Meanwhile, here’s how Nintendo fared in comparison:
- Nintendo aired 26 spots over 3,300 times, resulting in 435.9 million TV ad impressions
- “A True Hero” (seen below) promoting Super Mario 3D All-Stars, was the most-viewed ad with 60.9 million impressions
- Nintendo was the only top-five brand that didn’t target sports fans. Instead, it prioritized reaching a family-friendly audience
- Nick, Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network were the top impressions-driving networks
- top shows included SpongeBob SquarePants, The Loud House, and Big City Greens