It looks like Nintendo kept its TV advertising expenses rather conservative last month – although this doesn’t mean the company was any slouch either!
According to VentureBeat, Activision emerged as the biggest spender for gaming adverts on TV during August 2020 – with an estimated spend of $6.2 million to promote games like Call of Duty: Warzone. The second biggest spender was Sony ($5.8 million), while Nintendo was third in this regard ($4.9 million).
However, Nintendo looks to have made the most of its investment overall – emerging as the most-viewed gaming brand with 355.8 million TV ad views during the month. In comparison, Activision only garnered 215.3 million TV ad views, while Sony netted 214.7 million TV ad views.
Here’s a more detailed breakdown for Nintendo below:
- Estimated spend of $4.9 million on 20 commercials that aired over 1,900 times
- 355.8 million TV ad impressions
- Top spot by spend (estimated at $677,351) was “She’s My Favorite: Animal Crossing” (see below)
- Programs with the biggest outlay included SpongeBob SquarePants, The Loud House, and The Amazing World of Gumball
- Top networks included Nick, Cartoon Network, and Bravo
We’ll report back as we hear more in the future. Stay tuned.