Nintendo of America tweeted out a short video introducing Piranha Plant to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
It shows the feisty, fighter take its place on the mural of all of the playable characters in Smash Bros.
Piranha Plant pipes up in #SmashBrosUltimate as a new playable fighter! Ready your flowerpots for battle with this poisonous powerhouse starting today! Piranha Plant is a free bonus for players who have registered Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and redeemed their code before 1/31. pic.twitter.com/qDDjHOJXbk
— Nintendo Versus (@NintendoVS) January 30, 2019
To learn more about Pirahna Plant check out its official page on the Smash Bros. Ultimate website. It will also let you click through all its costumes so you can see what to expect in game.
The update also included offline features as well such as having four players available to play Spirit Board and new spirits in the Shop.
- You can now play Spirit Board with up to four players.
- Select the spirit you want to challenge on the Spirit Board, and then go to Party → Fighter to select the number of people who will play. When playing with multiple people, you will lose the battle if any player is KO’d.
- The following spirits will now appear in the Shop.
- Partner Pikachu
- Partner Eevee
- Dice Block
- River Survival
- Golden Dash Mushroom
- We adjusted the calculation for Global Smash Power.
- Added the DLC fighter Piranha Plant.
- Piranha Plant will become available for purchase as DLC at a later date.
- Pressing both jump buttons at the same time will now cause you to short hop.
- Fixed the issue where the KO score included your teammates’ KOs when Team Attack was On.
- Game-balance adjustments.
- Various gameplay fixes.
- Specific fighter adjustments are detailed here.
Follow the link below for the steps on how to update your game.