Niantic and The Pokemon Company have announced the first details for July 2020’s Pokemon GO Community Day.
The next Pokemon GO Community Day will run on 19 July 2020 (11am to 5pm, local time). This time, the featured Pokemon is Gastly, the gaseous ghost-type Pokemon from Kanto. If players evolve Haunter into Gengar during the event or two hours afterwards, Gengar will learn the special move Shadow Punch.
Bonus buffs during the event will include 3-hour incense plus 1/4 egg hatching distance, and a Special Research story involving Ghastly will also be available for $1 USD. Here are more details from Niantic below:
Which Pokémon has a body that is mostly made of gas? It’s Gastly, the runner-up in our recent Community Day poll and July’s featured Community Day Pokémon! Read on for more details about the upcoming Community Day event.
Date + Time
Sunday, July 19, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- Gastly will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Gastly.
- Evolve Haunter (the evolved form of Gastly) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Gengar that knows Shadow Punch.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase July Community Day Box, featuring 30 Ultra Balls, an Elite Fast TM, two Incense, and two Super Incubators.
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Community Day–exclusive Special Research story: The Great Gastly! Follow Professor Willow as he investigates some spooky happenings in his mobile lab!
Stay tuned for when tickets for the The Great Gastly Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.