Following a lengthy server maintenance, the Version 2.0.0 update for Pokemon HOME is now fully live for Switch and Mobile.
After updating their apps, players should now be able to log in to the Pokemon HOME accounts on Switch and Mobile to enjoy the new features that have come with the update, including the long-awaited compatibility with Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl and Legends Arceus. A basic summary of the new inclusions can be found below via Googleplay:
Update info (mobile devices)
– Added compatibility with Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl
– Added compatibility with Pokémon Legends: Arceus
– Added Pokédex info from various games
– Added Challenges and stickers
– Added information about where a Pokémon was first met to its details screen
Players who transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl and Legends Arceus can also receive the following gifts:
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl: Turtwig, Chimchar, & Piplup with Hidden Abilities.
- Pokemon Legends Arceus: Rowlet, Cyndaquil, & Oshawott with Hidden Abilities.
That said, there appear to be some oddities and restrictions when it comes to transfers, which are detailed below via Serebii:
- Nincada can’t be placed from Pokémon HOME into Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- Spinda is unable to be moved between Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl and Pokémon HOME.
- Gigantamax Mark Pikachu & Eevee can’t be put into Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl and Legends: Arceus
- Gigantamax Meowth also can’t be put into Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
Stay tuned for more Pokemon HOME updates as they come.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.