After much anticipation, The Pokemon Company has releaed the Version 3.0.0 update for Pokemon HOME.
The update adds compatibility with Pokemon Scarlet And Violet, allowing players to transfer Pokemon in and out of those games. It also includes a degree of backwards compatibility, meaning Pokemon from Scarlet And Violet can be transferred into older games such as Sword And Shield or Legends Arceus, a feat not possible since Gold And Silver. Access to the app is rolling out in a staggered manner to ease server load, so some players may not be able to log in until May 31st.
Serebii Update: The Pokémon HOME Update is now available to download on mobile and Nintendo Switch. Adds connectivity with Scarlet and Violet when the maintenance ends https://t.co/gDbXkHSvkT pic.twitter.com/ybN7CFupnX
— Serebii.net (@SerebiiNet) May 30, 2023
You can find a summary of the new features below, via Serebii.net:
- Connectivity with Pokémon Scarlet And Violet
- Addition of new Pokémon and Paldean Forms
- Addition of Roaming Form Gimmighoul and Gholdengo from Pokemon GO
- Availability of Transfer Only Pokemon in Pokemon Scarlet And Violet
- Ability to change Pokemon movesets within Pokemon HOME
- Ability to tab between different game data for Pokemon that have been transferred to more than one game
- Ability to transfer Pokemon from Scarlet And Violet back into previous games on Switch
- If a Pokémon obtained from Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl gets Hyper Trained in Scarlet And Violet while under Level 100, it cannot re-enter Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl until it is Level 100 again
What to you think? Let us know in the comments.