The Pokémon Company has revealed more juicy details about the upcoming Pokémon Japan Championships 2019.
First up, they released the key-art of the event – which features a climatic battle between Pikachu and Mewtwo! You can catch a peek of it below, in high resolution.
Next, The Pokémon Company also outlined more details about the upcoming competition. The Championships will take place on June 8 – June 9, and winners will get invites to the Pokémon World Championships In the US. Check out more details below, courtesy of Serebii.net.
- June 8th and June 9th.
- Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Center in Chiba City, Japan.
- June 8th are the qualifiers for each league and June 9th’s battles are the main battles for those who got through Day 1
- Will have three different elements to it:
- First is the VGC competition. This runs Ultra Series VGC 2019 rules and entry is only possible through ranking highly in the Japan Championships Qualifier Online Competition next month
- The TCG runs as it normally does with the event rewarding points that can be used to gain an invite to the World Championships through various City Leagues. The Japan Championships give 600 Points to the Winner.
- Finally, there is a Pokkén Tournament DX qualifier which runs the standard Double Elimination Format. The battles will be Team Battles, with a cap of 32 Players in Seniors and 128 Players in Masters.
- All elements result in invites to the Pokémon World Championships in Washington D.C. this August.