Yesterday, the 2022 Golden Joystick Awards were held on Youtube and Twitch, marking 40 years of celebrating talent across the videogame industry.
This year, Pokemon Legends Arceus was crowned Nintendo Game Of The Year, beating out other major releases such as Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Kirby And The Forgotten Land.
As for the coveted title of Ultimate Game Of All Time, it unsurprisingly went to FromSoftware’s Elden Ring, although a few Nintendo titles like Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Mario + Rabbids Sparks Of Hope and Bayonetta 3 also received nominations in that category. Nintendo also took home another prize in the form of Most Wanted Game, which went to Legend Of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
The full list of awards and winners can be found below:
- Best Storytelling – Horizon Forbidden West
- Still Playing Award – Genshin Impact
- Best Visual Design – Elden Ring
- Studio of the Year- FromSoftware
- Best Game Expansion – Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course
- Best Early Access Launch – Slime Rancher 2
- Best Indie Game – Cult of the Lamb
- Best Multiplayer Game – Elden Ring
- Best Audio – Metal: Hellsinger
- Best Game Trailer – Goat Simulator 3 Announcement Trailer
- Best Game Community – Final Fantasy 14
- Best Gaming Hardware – Steam Deck
- Breakthrough Award – Vampire Survivors
- Critics’ Choice Award – Elden Ring
- Best Performer – Manon Gage (Marissa Marcel, Immortality)
- Nintendo Game of the Year – Pokemon Legends Arceus
- PC Game of the Year – Return to Monkey Island
- PlayStation Game of the Year – Stray
- Xbox Game of the Year – Grounded
- Most Wanted Game – Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
- Ultimate Game of the Year – Elden Ring
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.