Earlier this week, Game Informer released its official interview with Game Freak about the Starter Pokemon Grookey from Pokemon Sword/Shield. If you’ve been waiting to hear more about the other starter Pokemon, you can now check out the next interview!
This time, Game Informer revealed a new excerpt about the fire Pokemon Scorbunny. In particular, we get some interesting tidbits about its design – such as what its nose patches are inspired by, and what kind of players may enjoy Scorbunny as a partner.
Check out the highlights of the interview below, along with the full video further below.
- Scorbunny is a very energetic Pokemon, always running around.
- When it runs, fire will actually come up from the ground – there are little patches on its feet that hint at this.
- The patch over its nose resembles those on young, energetic, and rambunctious kids in Japan.
- Ohmori believes that Scorbunny will be chosen by people who think they can keep up with it, who like to run a lot.
- Its silhouette was designed to be very recognizable – with the ears having the same general shape as its cheek tufts.
- Scorbunny is apparently Junichi Masuda’s favorite starter Pokemon out of Sword/Shield’s trio.
- Meanwhile, Sobble is James Turner’s favorite, while Ohmori likes Grookey the most.
What do you think? Did you learn something new about Scorbunny? Feel free to leave your comments below!