Marvelous has released a new round of info about Rune Factory 5, which is scheduled to launch later this year for Switch.
This latest batch of details revolves mainly around combat, including different weapons, rune abilities, as well as the “seed circle” system. You can read a summary of the key points below (translated via Siliconera) as well as check out some new screenshots:
- Combat functions similarly to Rune Factory 4, save for a few unique skills.
- Eight weapons are available for players to use: two-handed sword, short sword, twin swords, lance, hammer, cane, axe, and fists.
- The more players use a particular weapon, the more skills they unlock for that weapon
- Rune Abilities return in this game, allowing players to use special skills cast from Rune Points.
- Seed Circle is a new system for combat which allows players to restrain monsters or “connect” with them. Connecting with monsters allows players to recruit them temporarily.
- NPCs and Marriage candidates with whom the player has a high affinity with can be brought along as companions in battle.
Rune Factory 5 launches on May 20th for Switch in Japan, and is planned for a Western Release at a later date.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.