The latest edition of Sakurai’s Weekly Column for Famitsu magazine has been translated online.
This time, Sakurai shared his thoughts about Smash Bros being crowned Corocoro’s most played game, creating games with lasting impact, and more.
Check out some translated highlights below, courtesy of PushDustIn.
- Smash Bros was ranked number 1 for most played video games by CoroCoro
- Video games were the most popular hobby as well
- Sakurai notes that things were probably announced for Smash Bros. Ultimate by the time his feature is published
- That said, he can’t talk about them until his next feature, which is in two weeks
- Sakurai is most likely referring to the reveals of Dragon Quest’s Hero and Banjo-Kazooie for Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Sakurai is very happy to note that CoroCoro’s readers have ranked Smash so highly
- He says middle school students won’t forget the games they’re playing now, even when they become adults
- Sakurai notes that in his childhood there was a lot of popularity among racing cars, Space Invaders, Gundam and Famicom
- There was a time where he bought CoroCoro, and comics, and all of these have had an impact on Sakurai
- Sakurai is happy to make games that will have a lasting impact
- Sakurai hopes that Smash can introduce gamers to other series’ and make new fans
- Sakurai says that his hand is in some pain, but it might be stress-related
What do you think? Let us know in the comments below.