Previously, THQ Nordic announced that SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated would be heading to Nintendo Switch. Thankfully, you don’t have to wait too much longer for more details!
The game’s Steam page has updated with more information about the game’s remastered and new content. In particular, the game will feature a new horde mode for some multiplayer action, as well as the restoration of cut content from the original 2003 release – such as the Robo Squidward boss fight!
Additionally, we get some new art assets for the game. Check it all out below.
Are you ready, kids? The cult classic is back, faithfully remade in spongetastic splendor! Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and show the evil Plankton that crime pays even less than Mr. Krabs. Want to save Bikini Bottom from lots of rampant robots with your mighty bubbles? Of course you do! Want to underpants bungee jump? Why wouldn’t you! Want to join forces in a brand new multiplayer mode? The battle is on!
- Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and use their unique sets of skills
- Thwart Plankton’s evil plan to rule Bikini Bottom with his army of wacky robots
- Meet countless characters from the beloved series
- Faithful remake of one of the best SpongeBob games ever created
- High-end visuals, modern resolutions and carefully polished gameplay
- Brand new horde mode multiplayer for up to two players, online and splitscreen
- Restored content that was cut from the original game like the Robo Squidward boss fight and more