One Sonic Mania fan is now taking their love of the 2017 cult classic to the next stage.
A new campaign on the LEGO IDEAS website has cropped up – with the aim of re-creating the game in brick form! As seen above, the proposed set would include a giant egg robot mech, adorable environments, and one super fast hedgehog.
Here are more details about the set, from the campaign creator:
- “Classic” Sonic the Hedgehog minifigure, with additional “running blur” build
- Dr Eggman, Motobug and three Flickies as brick-built figures
- Green Hill Zone “Spring & Palm Tree” and “Loop & Extra Life” modules
- Egg Robot mech
- Phantom Ruby and Ring accessories
- 612 pieces, with 11 new prints (excluding minifigure).
- Connect the Green Hill Zone modules together to design your own setpieces, mimicing the power of the Phantom Ruby warping the world!
- Use the “Spring & Palm Tree” module to launch Sonic and his Flicky friends into the air, using the Technic lever to move the spring!
- Use the Sonic the Hedgehog minifigure to run through the environment, collecting the ring and Extra Life (representing this being Sonic’s second try after his virtual journey through LEGO Dimensions!)
- Dr Eggman can sit inside the Egg Robot mech, which can pose with its articulated arms and legs.
- Use the handle on the end of the Egg Robot’s arms to extend its hands and use the drill attack on its enemies!
- The Motobug can catch Sonic by surprise, making him lose his ring!
- Have Sonic and Eggman fight for the Phantom Ruby!
Presently, the project has around 1,300 supporters rallying behind it. In order for LEGO to consider making it an actual product, however, the set will require at least 10,000 votes. If you’re keen on giving the project a boost, head on over here.