Nintendo will be releasing a major update for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 next Friday.
The update, titled Version 1.1.1, will add the following features as well as some bug fixes:
- An easy mode will be added to Tiger! Tiger!
- When you press the X Button, the Skip Travel screen will open the map to your current location. We hope this will make it easier to spot Skip Travel locations and Salvage Points on the map.
- An additional 1:1 zoom on the mini map will be displayed by pressing the L Stick. This will allow improved visibility of your surroundings and make it easier to check quest locations.
- In your second playthrough, you will be able to have “those” Blades join your party! You can also dispatch Blades like Pyra and Dromarch as a Merc Group, and unlock the “LV 4 Special” of a certain Blade.
If you’ve purchased the Expansion Pass, you’ll gain access to the following items after downloading the update:
- Driver Essentials Set: 10 x Rare Core Crystal, 1 x Legendary Core Crystal, 3 x Overdrive Protocol
- Upgrade Parts for Poppi: 30,000 ether
- Pyra’s Favourite Things: 5 x Jenerossi Tea
- Nia’s Favourite Things: 5 x Ardainian Bear Carving
Monolith Soft will continue improving the convenience of the minimap when more quests and elements are added to second playthroughs next year.