Clannad will be launching on Spring 2019 in Japan and Prototype has revealed more details about the Switch version.
We already know that the Japanese version will include an English text support with Japanese audio. Previous information also reveals Clannad’s Switch version will make use of the touchscreen and Joy-Con. Now, it appears that the game will be entirely playable using the touchscreen while in handheld mode. A single Joy-Con, however, is needed when playing docked or in table-top mode.
Also, this version supports 5.1 surround sound which applies to the entirety of the game’s audio. This audio feature will be enabled via compatible headsets as well as a home cinema setup.
The “Dangopedia” will also be present on the Japanese release. But, as previously reported, the handy feature can only be used when playing in English. For newcomers, Dangopedia is a nifty reference tool which explains aspects of Japanese tradition and pop culture.
Last but not least, here’s the full list of characters including the voice actors/actresses:
- Tomoya Okazaki: the protagonist
- Nagisa Furukawa (voiced by Mai Nakahara)
- Kyou Fujibayashi (voiced by Ryou Hirohoshi)
- Kotomi Ichinose (voiced by Mamiko Noto)
- Tomoyo Sakagami (voiced by Houko Kuwashima)
- Fuuko Ibuki (voiced by Ai Nonaka)
- Yukine Miyazawa (voiced by Atsuko Enomoto)
- Ryou Fujibayashi (voiced by Akemi Kanda)
- Youhei Sunohara (voiced by Daisuke Sakaguchi)
- Sae Sagarami (voiced by Satsuki Yukino)
- Akio Furukawa (voiced by Ryoutarou Okiayu)
- Sanae Furukawa (voiced by Kikuko Inoue)
- Kouko Ibuki (voiced by Yuuko Minaguchi)
- Toshio Koumura (voiced by Takeshi Aono)
- Mei Sunohara (voiced by Yukari Tamura)
- Yuusuke Yoshino (voiced by Hirkaru Midorikawa)
- Kappei Hiiragi (voiced by Ryouko Shiraishi)
- Naoyuki Okazaki (voiced by ???)
Check out more artworks and screenshots on this link.
Still, there is no word of any localization plan. Clannad will be out digitally for Switch in Spring 2019.