Knucklotec is the forth boss players will encounter in Super Mario Odyssey at the Sand Kingdom. It’s the first non-Broodal boss in the game.
If you’re having difficulty in beating Knucklotec, check out the instructions below.
How to defeat Knucklotec
- Knucklotec will try to slam his hands into Mario.
- To stun Knucklotec’s hands, position Mario close to one of the frozen ice puddles on the ground, and flee before the hand punches it.
- If successful, Knucklotec’s hand will be stunned for a few seconds.
- Throw Cappy at the stunned hand.
- Controlling Knucklotec’s hand is similar to controlling a Bullet Bill. Press Y to increase the speed of the hand.
- Watch out and avoid the diamond shape ice that Knucklotec throws at you.
- Punch Knucklotec’s head to land an attack.
- Knucklotec will go into a defensive phase, trying to slap Mario. Avoid its attacks.
Phase 2 and Phase 3
- You’ll have to do what you did again in Phase 1.
- Knucklotec’s attack patterns may change slightly, such as trying to perform a clap with both hands. Avoid the hands.
- Tip: There are some hearts under frozen ice puddles on the ground. To obtain the hearts, position Mario close to one of those frozen puddles.
- After the third time Mario lands an attack on Knucklotec, it will be defeated.
Need more help with beating bosses in Super Mario Odyssey? Check out all of the boss fight strategy guides here.