Hasbro has revealed some new Mario-themed editions of Jenga and Monopoly in celebration of the plumber’s 35th Anniversary.
Jenga: Super Mario Edition and Monopoly: Super Mario Celebration Edition are scheduled to release on August 1st 2020, a month before Mario celebrates his 35th anniversary in September.
Images and details can be found below:
Jenga: Super Mario Edition
- Race up the tower as Mario, Luigi, Peach, or Toad to defeat Bowser at the top
- Each character has a corresponding card that players can refer to to throughout the game
- Players earn points by collecting coins as they stack, steal, and climb
- If the tower falls on a player’s turn, they’ll lose coins and their chance to be the hero
- Retails for $20
- “Spin the spinner to find out the next move: How many layers to climb, how many blocks to remove and stack, whether to collect coins, or whether the game will reverse directions. It’s a battle to the top as players move their own pegs up and their opponents’ pegs down, all while trying not to make the tower crash.”
Monopoly: Super Mario Celebration Edition
- Features locations from iconic Super Mario games that range from 1985 to the present day
- Toad houses and Princess Peach’s castles replace houses and hotels
- Includes an electronic Question Block with sound effects “that can change a player’s luck”
- Retails for $30
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.